Utility vessels provide a variety of essential non-combat functions for your fleet. While some utility ships, like the Mobile Refinery, will occasionally possess limited weaponry, these guns only serve to ward of light attackers and won’t hold off a concentrated attack. Even though they posses little to no offensive capability, Utility ships are the backbone of any fleet, especially the resource collectors. Typically attacking a force’s economy early on can put a massive hindrance on their further development while allowing you to gain the upper hand. Likewise, for the sake of your own security, it is best to keep a small defensive force near your economy ships to respond to any imminent threats, with larger forces able to respond in moments if the attack is too strong for the defenders to resist against indefinitely.
- Hiigaran Resource Collector – Basic Utility Ship; Can harvest Resources.
- Hiigaran Mobile Refinery – Resource Collector drop-off point.
- Hiigaran Probe – Long Range Sensor Device. One-shot movement.
- Hiigaran Proximity Sensor – Sensor Device capable of detecting cloaked ships.
- Hiigaran Sensors Distortion Probe – Remote device that scrambles enemy sensors.